The GlobWave Case Study and Tutorials section has been updated to include more user experiences.
A number of GlobWave users have kindly created a number of case studies and tutorials that describe how they have used GlobWave data. These include:
- A tutorial that describes how to use MATLAB code to extract and process GlobWave data to perform a hindcast analysis on wave models in the Gulf of Mexico using GlobWave L2P satellite data. Both the tutorial script and the MATLAB code are available for download.
- A case study that shows how HR Wallingford use GlobWave data to validate both wave and wind models in different parts of the world.
- A tutorial that describes how the US Navy's Research Laboratory used merged altimeter data to evaluate different WaveWatch III hindcast models.
- A tutorial by UNESCO / IOC to show how to download and display, with a range of visualisations, GlobWave NRT Altimeter data.
- A case study that shows how Oceanweather Inc used GlobWave data to scan for global occurences of storm peaks.
- A case study that shows how GlobWave data was used to investigate the meteorological and climatic factors affecting piracy activities in the Indian Ocean.